Application Development Steps
Steps with NETIGMA Wizard
Once you complete the installation, automatically Wizard is going to be opened in your browser. Wizard speeds the development process since it provides what operations you should do in step by step and create the fundamental parts of your application. At first, in Wizard screen, you see the list of your database tables, then
- Select tables from the database and create the necessary objects ( Netigma objects= views of data)
- Select data fields(data fields are the data columns,attributes)
- For these data fields, set:
- Query Editors
- Form Editors
- General Properties (Display names, data table type etc.)
- Design Query screens
- Design Information Form screens.
To come here, exit the wizard or just simply type http://YourServername/Netigma in your browser. What meta edit interfaces?: Object List, Column List, Queries, ... these are tabs at some pages and when you click on these buttons, you see corresponding Interface where you can quickly edit the content, what are in that page. Within meta edit interfaces, Beside wizard like operations(creating objects, query, lookup etc. ), additionally, here you can do further developments (relationship definitions, report designing, defining custom authorization etc.) . The steps in this method are given below.
- Define database tables as NETIGMA objects.
- Select the desired/necessary data columns to be defined as data fields of the object.
- Through the Object List screen:
- Set data fields' properties:
- Action Concepts
- General Properties
- Query criteria (Query screen)
- Query result screen properties (Grid)
- Fields to be included in the query result
- Printer-based query reports
- Query Pages
- Information Forms
- HTML based Reports
- And, in addition to these,
- Creating Processes
- Defining customizable authorization etc.
- Defining Object Relationships through Object Relations List Screen
- Defining Application Menus
- Design your web app's homepage
Note that except Wizard page, what you see in these help documents :guides, tutorials, How To's etc. they are all made through Netigma's meta edit interfaces. Below a general sketch is given to describe meta edit interfaces: