DIsaster COntrol MAnagement - DICOMA
The goal of the DiCoMa project is to ensure effective management of large disasters and complex emergencies by providing a set of tools that aim to improve the effectiveness of decision makers in dealing with disasters by better training and in situ support in the field.
Project name: 10031 DiCoMa
Period: Dec 2011 - Jun 2014
Call: ITEA 2 Call 5
Challenge: Security and safety
- Data Abstraction tools – A Comprehensive set of tools designed to process and correlate information for decision makers.
- Simulation and Modelling Tools – Suite of simulation tools that model natural phenomena.
- Decision Support and Training tools – Tools thatprovide fast and clear information to decision makers and propose alternative actions.
Unique Selling Points/ Business Value
- Decision support: event modelling, sharing physical resources and information across national and language borders.
- Control and Decision Support Systems: rule based knowledge discovery, GIS platform, data mining, Human Computer Interaction.
- Real Time Data Processing: inter-agency data and resource sharing, CEP, Event prediction and Modelling.
Benefits of the Project
- Decision Support System (DSS) that it is based upon advanced algorithms.
- System that will allow decision makers to predict the effects of given decisions in order to select the best one.
- Simulation and modeling tools for training purposes.
- Data abstraction: an open and service oriented platform that will provide integrated data and services for the crisis management domain.